SXSW Interactive has grown like a wild vine (pun intended) in the 21 years since it was added to the SXSW event lineup.
To help you, our Top Trip guest, navigate the hundreds of panels, we picked our Top 5 for you. Music recommendations to follow in our next post.
1. “OMMA: Instagram vs. Vine: Realworld Smackdown,” on Friday, March 7, 3:30-4:30 p.m., AT&T Conference Center, Salon ABCDE, 1700 University Avenue. Here’s the panel summary and presenters list.
2. “Always Be Innovating: Thinking Like a Startup,” also on Friday, March 7, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Hilton Austin Downtown, Salon JK, 500 E. 4th Street. Panel summary and speaker list.
3. “Star Power: Innovative Ways to Engage Millennials,” on Friday, March 7, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Austin Convention Center, Room AB, 500 E. Cesar Chavez Street. Panel features MSNBC’s Alex Wagner and actress Rosario Dawson.
4. “Everyone’s a Curator: Do museums even matter?” on Sunday, March 9, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Omni Downtown, Longhorn Room, 700 San Jacinto. Panel summary and speaker list.
5. “100 Years of Oversharing: Tools for Time Travel,” on Monday, March 10, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Austin Convention Center, Room 12AB, 500 E. Cesar Chavez Street. This panel looks incredibly interesting. All about ways of storing memories online. Speakers and panel summary here.
And a runner up, because we love breakfast tacos:
Bonus favorite: ”Austin Breakfast Tacos: The Food, People and History,” with co-author Mando Rayo of Austin Breakfast Tacos, Austin Convention Center, 11:00 to 11:20 a.m., Austin Convention Center, Ballroom G, 500 E. Cesar Chavez Drive.
To review the entire SXSW interactive schedule of events, check out the SXSW Interactive Schedule.
To see the SXSW staff’s recommendations, check out Staff recommendations.