You’ve unwrapped the presents, cleaned up from dinner, maybe gone out and caught Dale Watson’s annual Christmas Show and Dance at the Continental Club. (seriously, you did go, right?) And now, it’s time to chill. Veg. Zone out. Detox from Christmas parties, too much eggnog, you get the picture.
So, with this idea in mind, Top Trip Rentals has you covered. Here are a few holiday movie essentials to keep you company while calming down this holiday season. After all, you’ve got to rest up for Willie’s show at the ACL Moody Theater for New Year’s right? Pace yourself.
From our staff here in Austin, here are our personal favorites:
- Top Trip Rentals’ General Manager Rebecca recommends Home Alone 2: Lost in NY.
- Sandra, with guest services, likes Tim Burton’s Nightmare before Christmas.
- Cheryl, our Top Trip realtor, prefers Miracle on 34th Street because “a co-worker’s mom was in the movie!”
- Chereen, Top Trip’s owner, fancies holiday comedies like A Christmas Story and Elf.
- Brenda, our company bookkeeper, enjoys “all holiday movies,” like A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and any other classic from the 60s or 70s. Who doesn’t love Burl Ives as a snowman! Classic!
- And our newest addition to staff, Laura, our director of business development, who is French, replies with a quizzical, “What?” to my question because the French have better sense than to watch movies over an important family holiday like Christmas.
- And for me? I adore the Vince Guaraldi Trio’s soundtrack featured in A Charlie Brown Christmas. A jazz classic for this time of year. Just the opening of the song “Christmas Time is Here,” lowers my blood pressure immediately and gets me in the mood for a glass of holiday bubbly. Ahh, the holidays.
More Top Trip tips for Austin holiday fun
If staying in isn’t your style, check out last year’s blog with Top Trip Rentals’ round-up of must-see holiday activities around Austin at the holidays—lights, shopping and of course, the beautiful Zilker Tree in Zilker Park. However you choose to celebrate the season, inside with family or out exploring, we hope it’s magical. Merry Christmas from all of us at Top Trip Rentals.