The people, the attitude, the winter weather, the music–there’s a lot to love about Austin. So, how do locals narrow down what to do when entertaining out-of-town friends and family?
Whether visiting for a few days, traveling for work, or enjoying Austin’s signature festivals and events (ACL, SXSW, F1, The University of Texas Longhorn games, and more), our Top Trip Rentals’ staff members can guide visitors to live like a local.
Here to help are some of our favorite places and things to do in ATX. #goplaystay
Rebecca’s Top 5
- Walking the Barton Creek greenbelt (and stopping for swims in Barton Creek along the way).
- Wednesday night margaritas and “Texas Radio Live” at Guero’s Oak Garden.
- Shopping the monthly specials at Room Service Vintage.
- Counter Cafe’s brunch (she recommend the mango mimosas and Counter Benedict).
- Strolling Lady Bird Lake trail in the evening, with a stop at Alta’s Cafe for a drink.
Sandra’s Top 5
- Drinks at Javalina Bar on Rainey St.
- Mountain biking at Walnut Creek Park.
- Exploring Barton Creek greenbelt with my dog (with snacks and water).
- Barbacoa tacos from La Esperanza, across from St. Edwards University on S.Congress.
- Dancing the night away at Highland Lounge.
Brenda’s Top 5
- Enjoying the show at Esther’s Follies.
- Angie’s Mexican Food on East 7th Street.
- Visiting the Texas State Capitol (the grounds and the building).
- Time with friends at Grove Wine Bar.
- Climbing the steps at Mt. Bonnell.
Rene’s Top 5
- A trip to Mayfield Park to see the peacocks.
- Touring the outdoor exhibit at AMOA’s Laguna Gloria location.
- Dining at Fonda San Miguel Restaurant.
- Austin City Limits!
- October weather.
September 30, 2016