There is a lot to love about Austin. The people, the attitude, the winter weather, the music, and more. So, what do locals do when entertaining friends and family from out of town? I posed this question to Top Trip Rentals’ staff members and here’s some of our favorite places. Happy Travels!
Rebecca’s Top 5 favorite Austin spots:
- Walking the Greenbelt and stopping for swims in Barton Creek along the way!
- Margaritas and “Texas Radio Live” at Guero’s Oak Garden on Wednesday nights.
- Shopping the monthly specials at Room Service Vintage.
- Brunch at Counter Cafe. I recommend the mango mimosas and counter benedict.
- Walking the Butler Trail in the evening with a stop at Alta’s Cafe for a drink.
- Exploring the Greenbelt with my dog (with snacks and water).
- Drinks at Javelina on Rainey St.
- Biking on the Walnut Creek Trail.
- Barbacoa tacos from La Esperanza on S. Congress across from St. Edwards.
- Dancing the night away at Highland Lounge.
Brenda’s Top 5:
- Hike up Mt. Bonnell
- Angie’s Mexican Food on East 7th Street
- State Capitol – Both the grounds and the building.
- The Grove Wine Bar
- Esther’s Follies
Rene’s Top 5:
- A trip to Mayfield Park to see the peacocks.
- Touring the outdoor exhibit at AMOA’s Laguna Gloria location.
- The dining room of Fonda San Miguel Restaurant
- October weather
Whether you’re here for a few days or for one of Austin’s big music or film festivals like ACL or SXSW, check out some of our staff’s favorite locales in Austin and live like a local.
September 30, 2016