Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I book a reservation?
- How and when is payment processed?
- What is the occupancy tax?
- Why do I have to pay in full before my check-in date?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- When will I receive my security deposit refund?
- What’s the check- in / check-out time?
- What is the minimum renter age?
- Is smoking allowed?
- Do you rent long term?
- Are housekeeping services available?
- Is there a parking space at the guest homes?
- What is the neighborhood like?
- Do you allow pets?
- How do I get the property address?
How do I book a reservation?
Easy! Just click on “Check Availability & Book Online,” which will take you to a safe, secure online reservation service. Enter the desired dates of stay and click on “book now.” Next, fill in the form with contact and payment information. You’ll be asked to electronically sign the rental rules and agreement. Want some human help? We’re happy to assist you in the process via email or phone call (512.507.9065).
How and when is payment processed?
Once we’ve received your reservation request, Top Trip Rentals will process payment according to your check-in date.
- For reservations made LESS THAN 30 days before check-in date, 100% of the rental rate + security deposit is due.
- For reservations made MORE THAN 30 days before check-in date, 50% of the rental rate + security deposit is due upon booking, and the balance is due 30 days prior to check-in.
- For guests staying more than 30 days, a special payment schedule may apply.
Once payment has been made in full, Top Trip Rentals will release the lock box code and directions to the home.
What is occupancy tax?
All hotel, B&B, and vacation rentals are subject to 15% occupancy tax, except for stays longer than 30 days.
Why do I have to pay in full before my check-in date?
Vacation rentals have unique practices–we’re not a hotel (and that’s a good thing!). Paying in full prior to check-in is a common practice for vacation rentals because, once a booking has been accepted, we block out those dates just for you; we turn down inquiries from all other travelers who may want to book the same dates. If you change your mind, we’re left empty handed.
- When will I receive my security deposit refund? Security deposit refunds are fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met: a. No damage is done to unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear. b. No charges are incurred due to contraband or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. c. All debris, rubbish, and discards are placed in the trashcan, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher. d. The lock box key is in place. e. Extra keys are left on the kitchen counter. f. All windows and doors are left locked. g. The thermostat is set according to check-out procedures. h. No linens are lost or damaged. i. No artwork is lost, stolen, or damaged. j. No early check-in or late check-out unless agreed upon. k. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or by the local law enforcement.Top
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation fee is based on the home and amount of notice given. For most homes, cancellations and changes that result in a shortened stay: 61 days or more prior to arrival = 5% cancellation fee or $50, whichever is greater; 15–60 days prior = 50% non-refundable; 0–14 days prior to arrival = 100% non-refundable. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. Concerned that your travel plans may change? Purchasing travel insurance separately is recommended. For the Graeber House (and 30+ day stays) payments are non-refundable as paid. Payments are due in full four months prior to arrival and are non-refundable. Graeber House payments and long-term rental agreements have strict non-refundable policies due to the nature of booking these properties.
What are the check- in / check-out times?
Check-in time is after 3 P.M. CST and check-out is by 11 A.M. CST
What is the minimum renter age?
Renters must be 25 or older.
Is smoking allowed?
No. All Top Trip Rentals vacation homes are smoke free. If evidence of smoking during a guest stay is discerned, an automatic $250 cleaning fee will be assessed.
Do you rent long term?
Yes, Top Trip Rentals does accommodate long-term rentals; we have many guests who enjoy an extended stay. Note: Stays of 30+ days are not subject to occupancy tax.
Are housekeeping services available?
We clean every Top Trip Rentals home prior to your arrival. If you wish further housekeeping services during your stay, those can be provided for an additional fee. Payment for any additional services is arranged separately.
Do guest homes have parking space?
Yes, all of our vacation rentals have parking. Note that Littlefield Lofts, however, has an additional fee for parking (please inquire for rates).
What is the neighborhood like?
All Top Trip Rentals properties are located in friendly neighborhoods with excellent opportunities for walking. Check our photo gallery to get a glimpse, as each is different.
Do you allow pets?
Look for the paw print; these denote rentals that always allow pets. No paw print? Please inquire, and we will let you know if pets may be allowed at that location under certain circumstances.
How do I get the property address?
Check the Top Trip Rentals maps; they show the general location of each vacation home. For property security, however, we only provide the exact address upon reservation confirmation.